One easy way to improve your shop rating is to make sure you are providing a clean, concise mystery shop report every time. Here are the most important things to avoid when completing your assignment as a mystery shopper:
- Copying and pasting shop information. Each mystery shop is unique, so each mystery shop report should be unique to each individual shop. Clients do not accept reports with copied or “canned”comments, as they expect each unique mystery shop/audit visit’s conversation to be reported individually. That’s what they are paying for. Copied or canned comments imply that the mystery shopper did not make the required observations or give them full attention.
- Writing your report in ALL CAPITAL letters. Mystery shopper businesses cannot submit a report to clients if it is not written using correct sentence case, using both capital and lower case letters.
- Not using a spell check. Use caution; spell check will not catch words that are spelled correctly but used incorrectly. For example, their, they’re and there are all spelled correctly and sound the same, but have very different meanings.
- One word answers. If there is a text box after a question, be sure to answer in a complete sentence.
- Avoiding the question. Be sure you are answering the question asked. Make sure you do not get off topic.
- Not submitting your validation documents on time or legibly. Mystery shop reports without the proper validation documents cannot be used. Be sure to submit a clean copy of these documents, blurry photos cannot be accepted.
Original Article via Confero
If you're considering implementing a mystery shopper program for your company, or would like to join us as a mystery shopper, we'd love to have you join us!
Learn more here by clicking HERE!